I must be very honest, this assignment was certainly a difficult process. I came across a few obstacles this week when trying to put together my video. To start I had a very challenging time with my downloading videos to my district laptop that I have been using through this program. It's honestly old and outdated and I feel like its going to go out on me soon. So because of that I had to use my home computer that I never use so it had nothing I needed saved on it. Then with my school site being closed I wasn't able to get the footage I wanted of my classroom and my students.
What I did finally come up with for my rough cut it a draft that needs a lot of work. Because I am using Adobe Spark my video still has a presentation approach instead of a feel of a movie or film which I believe it is supposed to have. I am strongly considering purchasing a more sophisticated tool and just plugging in the ideas I already have to make something I am more happy with.
Moving forward I would like to get some feedback from my cohort members on the editing tools they used and if they plan on using them and some tips if I do decide to go in that direction.
I actually had fun coming up with ideas for my storyboard. I felt like I was a movie director creating a movie. The things that I visualized actually came to me at random parts of the day. I would jot down ideas while I was cooking or watching cartoons with my daughter.
Because I’m an Android user, and it was free, Adobe Spark is the application I decided to go with. My goal however was to try new things that I haven’t done on previous presentations.
One of the problems I came across was how to figure out how to incorporate B-Roll in my video. This is where I think a more sophisticated movie editing application might come into place. I do plan on doing more exploring and editing so I can have a final product that I am happy with.